Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nietzsche, Marriage, & I

I have to confess here, I've heard of Nietzsche the moment I've started my German lessons.. However, I had that weird discussion when....

A person asked me: I just need to understand how do YOU think?!

Me: I have a mind! Don't YOU think?!

That person: No seriously, who is it that YOU follow???

Me: >.<;;;;;;;; MY MIND!!

THAT PERSON: Aren't you a follower of Nietzsche??

Me: i'm seriously embarrassed to admit.. that, yes I've heard of him, but I've never read his work!! & I'm ashamed to say.. i'm learning German, yet, I know nothing about him!

****Nietzsche remained in my mind****

At the British Library.. When I get bored from my thesis work.. I built a habit of keeping beside me one of the dusty quotations British dictionaries.. I think of whatever keyword.. Then I *DO NOT GOOGLE IT BUT DO FLIP THROUGH PAGES* to hear what people from old ages have said about it.. philosophical moments that I love.. moments between my finger-tips, eyes, mind and I..

Friendship.. is something I treasure.. I found the following quotes on Marriage which, into my mind, I believe were very interesting:

"At the beginning of a marriage ask yourself whether this woman will be interesting to talk to from now until old age. Everything else in marriage is transitory: most of the time is spent in conversation."

"It is not lack of love but lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."

FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE


P.S. I AM a PROUD follower of the life-style of Mohammed Bin Abdulla!

No comments:

Post a Comment